EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION POLICY
The Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our employees, members, third parties and the public, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is to be truly representative of all sections of society, and for every person to feel respected.
The Faculty – in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities – is also committed against unlawful discrimination of employees, members, third parties and the public.
The policy’s purpose is to:
- provide equality, fairness and respect.
- not unlawfully discriminate because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The Faculty commits to:
- Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion as they are good practice and make business sense.
- Create an environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all.
- Take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, members, third parties and the public and any others in the course of the organisation’s work activities.
- Such acts will be dealt with as misconduct under the organisation’s grievance and/or disciplinary procedures, and appropriate action will be taken.
- Monitoring will also include assessing how the equality, diversity and inclusion policy, and any supporting action plan, are working in practice, reviewing them annually, and considering and taking action to address any issues.
The equality, diversity and inclusion policy is fully supported by the directors of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors and has been agreed with the Board of Directors.
Details of our Complaints/Disciplinary process for our Members can be located here
Details of the Faculty’s Complaints, Compliments & Comments policy can be obtained by contacting the Faculty Administration office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01424 883300.