16:00 - 17:30
On behalf of the West Midlands Forum, Nigel Lassetter has organised a Faculty Forum Webinar which will be presented to you by the video-conferencing app called ZOOM on Wednesday 30th September 2020 at 4.00 p.m. until 5.30 p.m.
Shaw Kelly, Barrister at Staple Inn Chambers, will be delivering the subject on:
An expose of the surveyor’s jurisdiction in accordance with section 10 (12) & (13)
Particular areas would include:
- An expose on the right to execute works.
- The surveyors write to specify design methods of construction or the manner of the works and how far does this jurisdiction go or what are the limits of this jurisdiction.
- Defining the meaning of other matters arising out of the execution of works or incidental to the execution of works.
- The appointment of professional services such as, legal opinion, checking engineers or any other necessary services.
- An expose on making or obtaining an award.
- An expose of reasonable inspections or the necessity of inspections relating to the execution of notifiable works.
- An expose of the meaning of any other matters arising out of the dispute and the limitation of the jurisdiction of the surveyors.
Shaw Kelly is a specialist barrister at Staple Inn Chambers. Shaw is an extremely experienced and knowledgeable barrister and a regular speaker at the Faculties Forum meetings.
Shaw’s specialities include the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 boundary disputes & mediation & dispute resolution.
4.00 p.m. until 5.30 p.m.
*1.5 Hours CPD*
*Important – Once booked, we will send you the link a couple of days prior to the webinar via email to access the meeting, therefore please make sure that you fill in the contact details correctly on the booking form. For bookings of more than one person, can you please fill in the individual contact details for each person so that we can send the link to both parties*.
Booking expires on 28th September 2020.
We look forward to seeing you.
Venue: ZOOM Video-conferencing