12:15 - 16:30
On behalf of the the Faculty and the West Midlands Forum, Nigel Lassetter has organised a conference which will be on Wednesday 8th December 2021 at 12:15 p.m. until 16:30 p.m.
Shaw Kelly (Barrister) & James Beat (Solicitor) will be delivering the subjects on:
- Appealing Awards: Beyond The 14 Days Expiry Date
(Recent Case Law)
- Recent Case Law/Third Surveyor’s Award Appeal & General Legal Matters
- Open discussion and questions by delegates including problem scenarios
Timings of the event:
12:15 p.m. – Buffet Lunch
13:00 p.m. – 13:45 p.m. – First Presentation with Shaw Kelly & James Beat with 15 mins (questions and answer session)
14:00 p.m. – Coffee/Tea Break
14:15 p.m. – 15:00 – Second Presentation with Shaw Kelly & James Beat with 15 mins (questions and answer session)
15:30 p.m. – Open Surveyor’s Discussion & Questions
16:30 p.m. – Finish
CPD: 4 hours
Price: £50 Members / £75 Non Members
10 Vyse Street
Shaw Kelly (Barrister at Staple Inn Chambers)
Shaw Kelly is a legal expert/barrister specialising in the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, boundary disputes and dispute resolution and property law.
Shaw is regularly called upon by surveyors for both instruction and advice and is a well-respected speaker and lecturer at surveyors forums, providing seminars and talks on behalf of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors and P&T Club.
- Silverstream Investment Holding Ltd v Susan Rodgers – Mayor & City of London County Court, unrep. 2015 – invalidity of s.10 Party Wall Award
- Austin v Mayor and Burgesses of the London Borough of Southwark  UKSC 28 (Supreme Court) – Article 1 of Protocol 1 ECHR, Housing
- R (on the application of Byrne) v Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis (2010)  EWHC 3656 (Admin
- The London Borough of Southwark LBC v Persons Unknown – Lambeth County Court, unrep. 2006 – First ever residential injunction in the jurisdiction against persons unknown causing anti-social behaviour and trespassing
- The London Borough of Wandsworth v Khan  HC Ch D
- The London Borough of Southwark v Warren  CA
James Beat (Solicitor at Lincoln & Rowe)
James Beat, Solicitor and Partner at Lincoln & Rowe. James is an expert in property law, party wall legislation and rights of light and has been involved in several leading modern cases involving party wall legislation.
James is both a knowledgeable and an excellent communicator and a regular speaker at surveyors’ forums events throughout the UK. He has been an active member of the Pyramus & Thisbe Club as well as the West Midlands Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors Forum and is an Affiliate Member of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors.
*Booking expires on 6th December 2021*
Venue: Federation Centre