- 21/05/2024 - 22/05/2024
09:30 - 17:00
Date: Tuesday 21st & Wednesday 22nd May 2024
Time: Arrive at 9.30 a.m. for a 10.00 a.m. start
Venue: The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIARB), 12 Bloomsbury Square, London, WC1A 2LP
Refreshments & Lunch provided (please note any dietary requirements on your booking form)
The seminar material will be sent to you in hard copy by post so please make sure when making the booking you enter the correct address and contact details.
This course covers the whole of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 and this seminar is designed for Surveyors, Architects, Engineers and all those that have a responsibility for, and associated with, construction works. Completion of this seminar means you are eligible to apply for membership of the Faculty, subject to attending and passing an interview and having construction knowledge is a prerequisite to applying!
Specific details of course content is as follows:
- History of the Act
- Reason for the Legislation
- Types of Party Walls
- Party Fence Walls
- Other Party Structures
- Line of Junction
- Party Structures
- Building Owner
- Types of Notice
- Counter Notices
RESOLUTION OF DISPUTE
- The Award
- Schedule of Condition
- Rights of Entry
COSTS AND RECOVERY
- Surveyors Fees
- Legal Actions
If you successfully complete the 2-day seminar you are eligible to apply for full membership of the Faculty, subject to passing an interview and supporting your application with the following:
- Two awards – one where you are the agreed surveyor & one where you are one of two surveyors
- Corresponding letters of appointment
- A notice on behalf of the Building Owner
- A letter to the Appointing Owners advising them of the name of the Third Surveyor that has been selected
- A copy of the covering letter when serving the award
The annual subscription to become a member is £195 per year. Costs for interview and obligatory purchase of the Faculty Handbook are stated in the application form available in your seminar pack.
The cost of this 2-day course is £735 and there are 12 CPD hours to be collected.
As a member you will have the support of the full team of administration staff and experienced party wall surveyors as well as legal advice, if required. You will also receive a handbook containing all the rules and regulations as well as workable templates for the many letter and documents that we produce to assist you in your work as an accomplished party wall surveyor. Various books are available to increase your knowledge and there are numerous Forum and Zoom events that you can attend to gain the CPD requirements. There is so much to gain by being a member of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors for which letters after your name you will be proud to display.
We look forward to seeing you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) Once payment has been made the delegate accepts these terms and conditions.
2) The Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (FPWS) reserves the right to cancel up to 48 hours prior to the date of the course and will offer either a full refund or an alternative event and/or dates.
3) Delegates will be entitled to a refund of 50% if cancellations are received in writing up to 14 days prior to the course date.
4) Delegates will not be entitled to any refund if (a) they cancel within 14 days; or (b) they fail to arrive on the day.
5) FPWS will not guarantee a place unless payment is made in full at the time of booking.
6) This booking is not transferable for any reason unless expressly agreed in writing with FPWS.