16:30 - 18:00
Nigel Lassetter on behalf of the West Midlands Forum has organised a Faculty Forum Webinar which will be presented to you by the video-conferencing app Zoom on Wednesday 19th October 2022.
Shaw Kelly (legal expert/barrister) will be delivering on the subject:
- Retrospective Awards (Surveyors jurisdiction or Contractual Agreements)
- Retrospective Awards: TCC Court Judgment: Timothy Richard Nutt v Veda Road Ltd & George Podger
Shaw Kelly is a legal expert/barrister specialising in the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, boundary disputes and dispute resolution and property law. Shaw is regularly called upon by surveyors for both instruction and advice and is a well-respected speaker and lecturer at surveyors forums, providing seminars and talks on behalf of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors and P&T Society.
- Silverstream Investment Holding Ltd v Susan Rodgers – Mayor & City of London County Court, unrep. 2015 – invalidity of s.10 Party Wall Award
- Austin v Mayor and Burgesses of the London Borough of Southwark  UKSC 28 (Supreme Court) – Article 1 of Protocol 1 ECHR, Housing
- R (on the application of Byrne) v Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis (2010)  EWHC 3656 (Admin
- The London Borough of Southwark LBC v Persons Unknown – Lambeth County Court, unrep. 2006 – First ever residential injunction in the jurisdiction against persons unknown causing anti-social behaviour and trespassing
- The London Borough of Wandsworth v Khan  HC Ch D
- The London Borough of Southwark v Warren  CA
1.5 Hours CPD.
*Video recordings and seminar content will not be sent after this event, it is a live event and please make sure that you make notes of this event*
CPD certificates will be issued after the event. Please be aware that if you do not join within the first 30 minutes, you will not receive a cpd certificate. We cannot be responsible for anyone that does not attend the zoom meeting and please note that we will not provide video recordings of events that are missed.
Once booked, we will send you the link the day before the webinar via email to access the meeting, therefore please make sure that you fill in the contact details correctly on the booking form. For bookings of more than one person, can you please fill in the individual contact details for each person so that we can send the link to both parties.
We look forward to seeing you.