12:30 - 17:30
Date: Wednesday 4th October 2023
Time: 12.30 p.m. until 5.30 p.m.
Venue: The Jewellery Quarter Conference Centre, 10 Vyse Street, Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, B18 6LT.
Price: £40 Members / £60 Non Members
CPD Hours: 5 CPD hours
Nigel Lassetter on behalf of the West Midlands Forum has organised a half day CPD Seminar presented by Alex Frame and Shaw Kelly. This is an ideal opportunity to enhance your knowledge and satisfy your CPD requirements.
Alex Frame will be delivering on:
- Defining boundaries for the purposes of the Act
- Interpreting existing ground features to assist in the defining and location boundaries
Shaw Kelly will be delivering on:
PARTY WALL LEGISLATION
- No Notice No Act Conclusive!
- The jurisdiction of surveyors to regularise or award for completed notifiable works or compensate the adjoining owners for damages
Alex Frame is currently the president of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors and is the remaining founder member from the four that set up the Faculty.
He has his own surveying and design practice but spends much time teaching at seminars on party wall and boundary matters as well as writing books having recently vastly updated the Misunderstandings & Guidance book, produced the long awaited second edition of the Third Surveyor book and new books on Boundaries, A History of Party Walls and Walls of History.
He has also been instrumental in writing the seventh edition of the RICS guidance on party wall matters, and is also a member of RICS party wall and boundary panel.
Conscious that mediation offers distinct advantages over litigation, Alex Frame joined forces with HH Edward Bailey and the P&T to set up the Party Wall Mediation Scheme LLP for the benefit of building and adjoining owners utilising the specialist skills and knowledge of party wall surveyors and lawyers practising in this field.
He has been undertaking party wall matters for very many years and is well experienced as a third surveyor.
Shaw Kelly is a seasoned barrister with more than 30 years of experience in criminal and commercial law. Currently specializing in property and commercial law, he is a recognized authority on boundary and property dispute resolution.
Notably, he is an expert on the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, and has been honored with membership in the prestigious Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors. In addition to his legal practice, Shaw provides highly regarded seminars and training programs aimed at both legal professionals and building surveyors.
His notable successes in high-profile legal cases have made him a sought-after consultant and speaker in the areas of property law and dispute resolution. His depth of expertise and commitment to education make him an invaluable resource in his field.
We look forward to seeing you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) Once payment has been made the delegate accepts these terms and conditions.
2) The Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (FPWS) reserves the right to cancel up to 48 hours prior to the date of the course and will offer either a full refund or an alternative event and/or dates.
3) Delegates will be entitled to a refund of 50% if cancellations are received in writing up to 14 days prior to the course date.
4) Delegates will not be entitled to any refund if (a) they cancel within 14 days; or (b) they fail to arrive on the day.
5) FPWS will not guarantee a place unless payment is made in full at the time of booking.
6) This booking is not transferable for any reason unless expressly agreed in writing with FPWS.