FACULTY OF PARTY WALL SURVEYORS
APPLICABLE TO MEMBERS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC
3. INFORMATION THAT WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
3.1 TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU DIRECTLY
We may collect personal data from you directly, when you provide us with such personal data so that you can register as a member, register for events offered by the Faculty, request further information, or ask to be added to our mailings, take part in surveys, buy products or service from us, make a comment or enquiry, contact the Faculty for any reason. Please be assured that we will not collect any personal data unless you provide this information voluntarily.
The types of information we may collect from you may include:
• Business postal address
• Business Email
• Business Telephone and/or Mobile numbers
• Home postal address
• Home Email
• Home Telephone and/or Mobile numbers
• Membership number
• Order history
• Event Booking Details
• Payment history
• Date of birth
3.2 TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT THE SITES (COOKIES)
The types of data we may collect from you when you visit the Faculty website include:
• Information about the type of browser you use
• Details of the web pages you have viewed
• Your IP address
• The hyperlinks you have clicked
3.3 TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We never buy or generally use data from third-party sources. However, occasionally we may work with related professional organisations to offer services that we consider to be of benefit to our members and visitors. In these cases, we do not receive or pass on any data without checking that the full consent of the data subjects (owners) has been given to transfer and use their data for the intended purpose and that the other party is GDPR compliant.
The types of data we may collect from such sources include:
• Contact details
• Street address
4. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to your prior consent where required under applicable Data Protection Laws, we may use your personal data:
• To process membership applications
• To provide our professional services
• To respond to your requests and comments
• For the purposes of legitimate promotion of our services
• To send you products or information that you have requested
• To analyse use of our website and services we provide
• To carry market research
• To prevent or detect fraud or other crimes and/or verify your identity
• To verify/check your credit/payment status
• To process payment instructions
We may supplement the personal data you provide to us with other information that we hold or that we may receive from third parties. We do this for administration and/or marketing purposes to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and/or provide you with appropriate products and services.
5. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you have given consent we may send you by post, email or push notification details of products, services, special offers, promotions and other information that we think may be of interest to you based on the information you have given us. You may unsubscribe from any communications at any time, via the unsubscribe link that you will find at the bottom of every marketing email or you can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 01424 883300.
6. PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
Your data may be used for the general legitimate operation of the Faculty administration. We may also need to disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by law, or by a warrant, subpoena or court order.
We will delete your personal data when there has been no activity on your account for 2 years.
7. WHERE WE TRANSFER AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
With the exception of Members’ Professional Contact Details, where the member has asked and given consent for the data to be made public on the website, we do not transfer your personal data to a location outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or share your data with third parties.
8. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
IMPORTANT! – The Website may contain hyperlinks to other third websites controlled by third parties. While we never knowingly allow unsafe links to be added, we cannot be responsible for these websites and the protection and privacy of any information which you may expose to these websites, so please exercise caution when using these links.
10. YOUR RIGHTS AND WHO TO CONTACT
• do not want to be contacted in the future by us;
• would like a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
• would like your data deleted;
• would like us to correct or update your personal data in our records; or
You can send an email to the Faculty Administration by:
Phone: 01424 883300
Post: The Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors, PO Box 86 Rye TN31 9BN